Students who stream all 12 sessions, attend our in-person retreat, and successfully complete all assignments will receive a certificate issued by the Metropolitan District of the C&MA. Pursuant to an articulation agreement with Alliance University / Alliance Theological Seminary, each woman who receives an EMPOWER certificate will be eligible to receive 6 transfer credits to be applied toward undergraduate programs at Alliance University or graduate programs at Alliance Theological Seminary.
EMPOWERone students are responsible for obtaining their own books. All other supplemental materials will be provided by the program and distributed at or before class. 2023-2024 BOOK LIST
Each Empower class has one assigned book and 2 written assignments ranging in length from 3-6 pages. Students are responsible to turn in every assignment on or before the due date. All assignments must be submitted online through Google Classroom; students will receive access in the summer before classes begin.
All students are expected to complete all assignments. Only students who have completed every assignment, streamed all twelve sessions and attended the in-person retreat, and attended mentoring groups, are eligible to earn the certificate. If assignments are late, you must contact your mentor. Missing assignments, including make-up work for a missed class, will result in incompletion of the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is EMPOWER only for women in leadership positions?
- No. EMPOWER is for ANY woman.
- Many women are not sure what their gifts are; EMPOWER will help them see the whole picture.
- Many women feel inadequate in their biblical + theological understanding; EMPOWER will provide them a strong foundation.
- Many women feel uncomfortable and ill-equipped to lead; EMPOWER will relieve these fears and help women develop + strengthen their skills.
- Many women feel isolated, and lack trusted confidantes; EMPOWER is a great avenue for networking and building community.
- Many women feel insecure about their communication skills; EMPOWER will equip them with communication skills to deal with conflict.
2. How many hours will it take me to complete my homework assignments?
EMPOWER students should try to devote about 40hrs per course (about 8-10 hours per week).
3. What happens if I have to miss a session of Empower?
In order to receive the EMPOWER Certificate and 6 transfer credits, students who miss a session must make up that session by viewing the class video and writing a 2-page summary of the session. This summary must be submitted via Google Classroom.
4. Are the mentoring groups mandatory?
Yes. Mentoring groups meet from 4-6pm on EMPOWER Saturdays and are a mandatory component of the Program. Students are required to attend the entire mentoring group session and participate actively. Failure to do so result in ineligibility to earn the Certificate.
5. What if I want to withdraw from Empower?
The student is encouraged to consult directly with their mentor and site coordinator. Full payment is due by Dec. 1st, even when a student withdraws from the course.
6. What is the Refund Policy of Empower?
Because EMPOWER professors and operations are contracted, EMPOWER is unable to refund a student’s tuition payment once it has been submitted.
7. Can you tell me more about the 6 transfer credits I can earn?
EMPOWER students may earn 6 transfer credits, to be applied toward undergraduate programs at Alliance University or graduate programs at Alliance Theological Seminary.
- Students must attend and successfully complete all the requirements of the 7 sessions, to the satisfaction of the professors and the Director of EMPOWER.
- Students will be responsible for submitting an application for admission to the appropriate institution.
- Earned transfer credits must be redeemed within 2 years or less.
8. What if I did not finish Empower and would like to return and complete the program?
If a student is unable to complete EMPOWER, she is welcome to return and finish the course in the following year.
- If a student previously paid for EMPOWER in full, the re-enrollment fee is $600.
- If a student did not complete payment for EMPOWER, the remaining tuition balance must be paid, in addition to the $600 re-enrollment fee.
- Re-Enrollment Form, details for re-enrollment requirements and procedures.
9. What is the tuition cost for EmpowerOne 2023-24
EmpowerOne 2023-24’s tuition is $1,200. There are payment plans for 4-month or 10-month options. A sponsor link will be made available for churches, family, and/or friends who would like to make donations to specific students. Early bird price $1,000 until June 1, 2023.